Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6-21-11 Fly Away To Cleveland, OH


Elder Christopher Weaver found himself waking up at 4:00 AM and then leaving the MTC to be all packed up and go to the airport.  A group of missionaries flew out to head to all there missions.  Elder Weaver had a layover in Chicago so he took the opportunity to give me a call.  I had forgotten that I did not get him a phone card to use so he ended up buying one and then found out it was not enough to make the call.  Someone there at the airport let Elder Weaver use his cell phone.  I use to travel and when I saw missionaries I would say hi to them and if they needed to use my phone I would let them.  That was a blessing for Elder Weaver.  He called me at work around 12:00 noon and I gave him the phone number to his Mothers cell phone.  (Just a note, we are all use to only pushing buttons to make a phone call these days.  We don't memorize are own home phone numbers anymore because we just push a button.)  Elder Weaver was able to call his Mom and talk with her.  He then called me back and we chatted for a couple of minutes and then off he went.  We don't expect to hear his voice again until around Christmas.  I am so exited for Elder Weaver because he is so ready to serve and do his part.  May the Lord bless him.

Love Dad (Aaron Weaver).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Trish, it's Lauren Jones! I am wondering if Chris has an address that I can send letters to? Let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! It's Melissa, The Address is now up! Feel free to send him letters, cookies, etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete