Monday, January 30, 2012

Sorry For Leaving Ya On A Cliffhanger Last Week

NOTE: Please read the letter before this one.

Dear Family & Friends

I am glad to hear you are all doing well...sorry for leaving ya on a cliffhanger last week.  Um...I wrote a letter long hand and sent it off late last week.  It finishes the story of the Molters.  When you read it you will get a glimpse of some of the miracles that have occured in this family.  Unfortunately, Tim Molter passed away yesterday.  He overdosed on his pain pills it sounds like.  We went to his viewing this morning.  His family is in a lot of pain right now.  Christina and their boys need the gospel more now than ever.  Keep them in your prayers.
I am glad to hear you got to see Matt's farewell!  I am so excited for him to go and serve! (See video page to hear Matt's testimony.) 
Thank you so much for the shoes!  I have received the first pair...did you order two or no?  They work great and have a good sole on them!  Great for tracting.
Mama I have been praying for you and am so very glad you have accepted your call as Camp Director and are looking forward for you to serve!  There is a reason why you have been called and I am so excited to hear how it all goes.  
Teaching Pool!  We were supposed to have 6 at church, 3 ended up coming.  Brian Alford, Dianne Kimmet, and Paul Collins all attended.  Stacy we don't know what happened.  She is a new investigator with a date for March 10.  Then Howard was still sleeping...dang it.  And we couldn't find a Mark a ride down...car less.  Also has a date for March 10.  But the three enjoyed church again and we hope to see them all out again next week.  

Elder Jarvis and I spoke in Sacrament Meeting.  The Topic we were assigned was "Have I Done Any Good."  I loved this topic.  I grew so much in my study this week on that topic.  I love more.  That capacity has increased and I hope to continuously increase it.  My mission and life have more purpose and meaning behind them now.  I focused my thoughts on Dieter F. Uchtdorfs talk from May 2009's conference, "The Love of God" and also on Moroni chapter 7:45-48 the last few verses on charity/pure love of christ, and Matthew 22 where it talks of the two great commandments; Love God, and Neighbor.  What we love truly dictates our decisions and actions and ultimately what we become.  God doesn't necessarily need our love, but we NEED to love Him.  If we love what is good we will do good, and God is the center of all that is good in this world.  Love thy neighbor is tied right to it.  We need charity.  We need to strive to grow in the pure love of Christ.  Through this we become pure, "that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."  The key is, as Pres. Uchtdorf says, is to try.  Try, Try, and Try again until it becomes a natural part of who we are.  The small deeds of service and love will transform us throughout life and help us to grow in light.  That light is what we need.  As we continue to look for and obtain that light it will "grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day." (D&C 50:24)  As I continue to study this topic I see how everything God does is love.  I know we must grow continuously in our love for God and our brothers and sisters.  May we always be in tune with the Spirit for its promptings to show love and service.  May we always act on those promptings and grow in light and share that light with all we can.  One incredible way to grow in love and charity is share the Gospel.  Take the opportunities God gives and be bold and loving and share what you know to be true and has blessed your life.  Be as the sons of Mosiah in Mosiah 28:3.  
I love you each so much.  May you have a blessed week.  May you continue to grow in testimony and conversion to this wonderful Gospel.  It is real.  It is true.  It is happiness.
Love,

Elder Weaver     

No comments:

Post a Comment