Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What A Quick & Awesome Week!


December 3, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

What a quick, and awesome week we had last week.  We have had the opportunity to fast and pray as a mission and we have felt the prayers of our families and friends back home.  We as a mission are becoming more united in our faith and desires to go and share the gospel with our heart, might, mind, and strength.  We knelt in prayer across our mission in companionships the last two nights and asked Heavenly Father for help to find 1 family or individual who is one of God's elect and has been prepared to receive the restored Gospel.  Last night in closing our fasts we dedicated ourselves to this goal and promised to do our part to find and teach our dear brothers and sisters that we come in contact with this next week.  Elder Metcalf and I are already feeling the effects of this in our area. We have been able to find 3 potential families, and a single lady over the last few days.  We have had very positive initial contacts with all of them and are praying to be able to meet with them again and help them accept and keep commitments to come unto Christ.  I love this time of year and all of the many opportunities we have to serve and share the love of Christ with the world.  Elder Metcalf and I are doing 25 days of service right now. We are identifying specific service to perform for all 25 days till Christmas and taking pictures of them for an album and a Christmas ornament for our tree.  It's been fun!  We are looking forward to the complete album and a full tree of service ornaments.

Thank you for the package by the way. I look forward to getting it in a couple of days.  Oh and with Skype I will let you know when and where when I know.  It will probably be the P-day before Christmas.

I sure love hearing how you are all doing.  I love each of you and am thankful for your examples each week that I get to read in your emails. I love to hear about all of the wonderful things you are doing and becoming. I pray for each of you daily.  I look forward to talking to you soon.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment