Monday, January 21, 2013

Can't We Slow Time Down Just A Little?


January 21, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Can't we slow time down just a little?  Every week we have a Staff Meeting with the office staff and President.  Each week we get a list of arrivals and departing missionaries.  My transfer and the one after mine are both on that list now!  The time that I will have spent already, as an assistant is how much time I have left after next week.  Not cool.  

So we are still in the midst of arranging, scrunching, and planning for "The Flood", when all the missionaries are coming in.  We are having a great time, and you are definitely right Mom, it's giving me a lot of great skills for the future.  As I have been reflecting on my mission so far it has been interesting to see the things that I have gained a testimony or learned from each area and those I served or served with.  It is incredible to see how it has impacted and changed my life.  These experiences I truly could not have had any other way. These two years are of very, very great worth.  It is worth every sacrifice and minute of trials.  I would encourage any young man or woman to accept a call from God to serve a mission.  This service is the most unique and worthwhile effort I have ever experienced.  I am so happy to know that there are so many young men and women preparing to serve and answering the call of a Prophet of God.  He is hastening His work to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  He leads this work.  He can lead each of us as we seek Him and accept opportunities to serve.  

I will say hello to Sister Gardner for President DeVisser when she arrives next week.  It has been fun to always have a connection with people out here.  Several members here in North Olmsted know and are related to friends from back home.  It's always fun to see how small this world really is.

Well I am sorry this letter is so short, kind of a quick Preparation Day today.  I hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Weaver  

No comments:

Post a Comment