Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7-18-2011 What A Call Out Of The Blue - Journal Entry

This is a journal entry from Aaron Weaver on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at around 5:00pm:

I received a call from a gentleman who said his name was Brother Wiemer from the Akron Stake and wanted to let me know how great of a missionary that Elder Weaver is.  He appreciates his willingness to serve.  He just helped someone move, he is a good singer, he is obedient, and he is a hard worker.  He then told me he is currently on splits with Elder Weaver right now.  (Splits: when two missionaries divide up and go with members in the Ward or Stake to go to appointments.)  I asked Brother Wiemer if Elder Weaver was right with you and he said yes but that Elder Weaver can hear you but cannot talk with you.  Wow, this was a call out of the blue.

I found out this week that Max and Heidi Peterson currently in my Ward lived in the same Ward that Elder Weaver is currently serving in.  The Peterson's want to email some friends they know there and have Elder Weaver and his companion get invited to dinner.  This would be a great opportunity for these two Elders to share there talents of music.

This is a response from Elder Weaver about this same event:

Hey there Daddy-O,

I have met many people who know the Peterson's!  It's been cool having connections in the Ward.

The Brother that called last week is named Brother Wiemer and he is a councilor in the Bishopric.  The Stake is the Akron Stake.  We had just got done helping someone move and we were driving back to our area and he asked what our home number was...I don't remember our home phone so I gave him your number.:)  So he called ya and he was trying to get me to say hi, but I can't break mission rules...and if i would have said hi I would have been disobedient and then I would miss out on blessings from the Lord. :)  Blessings of obedience.

Well, I'm glad you are doing well Dad and hope that work and all you are doing are going well and that you are finding Joy in the Journey. 

Love,

Elder Weaver


No comments:

Post a Comment