Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Messages of General Conference Just Becomes So Much More Incredible


Dear Family & Friends,

I loved conference.  We receive so much from it and I have truly gained a whole new appreciation for it since being out on a mission.  When you start thinking what would the Lord have me do each day at all times, and when you are sharing the Gospel with people, the messages of General Conference just becomes so much more incredible.  I finally get what they are talking about and it all makes sense.  What has been coming to me now is how I can help the next generations of youth to get it sooner.  Elder Hollands talk was incredible, and we have several youth and families we will be sharing it with these next couple weeks.  I want the youth to get it and get it before their mission.  The youth have tons of friends that need the Gospel, once they realize how important this Gospel really is, then they would share it as often as they can with them.

I really liked Elder Hollands talk, Elder Christopherson, um...the Book of Mormon talk, President Monsons, Euchtdorf, Eyring...they were all really good.:)

It was great seeing people I know in both choirs!  It is always fun to know a face up on the big screen.  Also I see lots of church magazines and flyers with people I know from back home.  Always fun to say I know them.  I heard that Sister Kimball was here!  Other missionaries told me about her visiting and asking.  

Teaching Pool:  We are trying to really bring it up over this next month so that when winter hits and no one is opening there door we will still have people to visit.  We should be having a couple baptisms this next month, and more baptismal dates.  We have sister Kathy's baptism scheduled not this weekend, but the next.  We also have several others towards the end of the month. 

Well we biked all this last week.  It was like a never-ending toning work out in the rain.  It all of a sudden dropped in temperature here and has been raining pretty much every day.  One of the rules for the mission is if it is below 70 degrees we have to wear jackets.  Well early last week it was 69 degrees and would not rise.  So we set out on our bikes in our suits.  Once we get going for the day we don't come back home.  All of a sudden that night it just started pouring.  By the time we rolled into our apartment at 9:30pm we couldn't help but laugh as we were drenched and covered in mud and dirt from being flicked up by our bikes...which reminds me that we need to go to the dry cleaners...anyway, what a great mission experience. 

I love serving my Brothers and Sisters and helping them come unto Christ.  We have a message that everyone needs.  It needs to be shared with each and every one of them.  Miracles happen everyday and I am always amazed how when one door closes, another opens, as we are obedient and seek to fulfill our purpose.  There is a reason for everything.  The Lord's hand is ever present in this work. 

I love you all and hope you all have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment