Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sister Kathy's Baptism This Week!


Dear Family & Friends,

This week was a great week.  Elder Ingersoll and I have really grown, and with each person we visit with we fulfill our purpose and help them understand what the Gospel can do in their lives. 

We did have Sister Kathy's baptism this week!  It was amazing.  The Spirit was in this baptism unlike any others, as a few people told us.  I think it was because she was tried so hard and has overcome those trials and putting forth her faith through anything and everything.  The entire program had a great spirit, and when she was baptized she had tears of joy from that time to the end.  It was a great day yesterday. 
  
Keep those youth strong.  I see things so differently here on a mission.  Things are so much clearer, and I don't know why it takes a mission to truly come to understand why this Gospel is truly so important.  It changes lives as it is centered on the Atonement.  It is the thing that will help us change and become like our heavenly parents and Savior.  I love this Gospel and what it does for each of us who live it and gain a deeper and stronger testimony.  It truly is the only way back.  I love it, I love sharing it, and I desire all to share it.  Keep helping those around you to understand and APPLY the Gospel.  Satan works hard, really hard.  He is unrelenting.  The consequences for actions is sad and it's best for us to never have to experience consequences, challenges yes, they are good for us, but bad consequences no.  The Atonement is here for each of us to be forgiven, but more importantly for us to change through repentance.  Repentance isn't just for when we have done something "bad."  It's to change everything about us to that of God.  Submitting our will to that of our Father and never looking back.  Help the youth, and struggling members stay anchored.  Help them, save them.  In saving them you yourself will continue to gain a stronger testimony of the Gospel. 
  
Elder Ingersoll and I had the opportunity to speak this week in Sacrament Meeting and the Spirit was with us as we spoke by the Spirit.  All we really had was scriptures and principles we wanted to talk about written down, and then we let the Spirit take it from there.  We both felt the Spirit worked through us to convey exactly what was needed to be said.  We know this because afterwards many people told us what they learned and that they had an increased desire to share the Gospel.  The Spirit always edifies.  I look forward to the growth this Ward is really going to start taking on.  They are beginning to really trust us as missionaries, and realize we are here to work by the Spirit.  I am very excited.

Thank you Mom and Dad for your testimonies and examples.  You both have done a great job in raising me.  Your example in how you live and have raised me has really made an impact on me.  An impact that I really truly can appreciate now that I am serving.  I desire the Gospel and to follow the example you have set for me in who I am and how I will raise a family in righteousness in these the Latter-Days. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment