Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Will Be 20 Years Old This Week


April 23, 2012

Dear Family,

I am so happy to hear you are all doing so well!  I have been having a great week as well!  I love you all a bunch!

So I will be 20 years old this week, and guess what my birthday gift to the Branch is?  I get to speak to them all in sacrament meeting!  I am going to speak on the WHY of the Gospel.  I have been reading and pondering several talks and scriptures on this and I am excited to begin organizing and preparing my talk.  The other 2 Elders in our district Elder Lincoln and Elder Kitchen have birthdays on the 18th and 27th so we are going to get together on P-day the next day and go somewhere to eat.  That's the plans for my birthday pretty much!  Other than that I hope to find a whole heap of brothers and sisters to teach the Gospel to!  Happy Birthday Elder Weaver, here are souls to save.  That would be great!

So Alicia Bryant is doing awesome!  We are planning on going to Kirtland with all of them on Saturday, May 5th.  In one of our phone calls this week she told us how happy she feels when she is learning in lessons or reading the Book of Mormon.  She has great desires to raise her son Javin (13 months) up in the Church.  The Saubers are doing amazing at fellowshipping and we are working together to do all we can to help Alicia partake of this wonderful Gospel.  She is great and she is comprehending, applying, and committing to everything.  She has definitely been prepared. 

Dianne Kimmet knows everything is true.  She is just getting over some fears of disappointing some of her family members.  We are trying to have her come to Kirtland as well, and are thinking of committing her to a baptismal date in the same room of the school of the prophets.  That would be way neat!  She is so close, just needs to put faith over fear! 

Mark Gruber was in the hospital with pneumonia for like 8 days.  He finally answered his phone and we were able to find out where he had been after 2 weeks of not meeting.  He said in the hospital he had a lot of time to think about where he was in life and how his addictions have been running his decisions.  After 20 years in AA he has finally decided to just say no to his addictions and he is looking to come unto Christ and make the necessary changes to live a happier more peaceful life.  He is beginning to have his "change of heart."  We are excited to keep helping him find that happiness and peace!

Things have been going well.  Members are starting to catch the fire of the Spirit and their desires to serve are growing.  Investigators are making changes and are now desiring to come unto Christ, and Elder Tollefsen and I have been growing and enjoying this opportunity which we have to serve.

Well I hope you have a wonderful week this week!  I love you all very much!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment