Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thank You So Much For All The Birthday Wishes


April 30, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for all the Birthday wishes.  And thank you for the pictures and recording of Happy Birthday.  Made my day!  It was a delightful day, warm and mostly sunny.  Also thanks so much for the package!  I am enjoying all the things you sent, and love the tie.  I needed another green, spring tie.  And thank you for sending out the conference talks when they come out, I will love to listen to those again and again. 

Sounds like you have had some great meetings yesterday on Sunday.  I hope that the youth were receptive and felt the Spirit that was there.  I pray that they will incorporate and act on what the Spirit taught them and stand as a light to the nations.  How is the Ward doing?  I hope things are going well and people are strengthening themselves continually against Satan’s temptations.

So Alicia Bryant has a date for baptism on Friday, May 18th.  We are so excited for her.  She is committed to this and is super excited about baptism and going to Kirtland on Saturday this week.  She is progressing well and has the desire to make righteous choices.  Her fellowship is doing wonderfully.

Our talks went well yesterday in Sacrament Meeting.  I thought that our Branch Mission Leader was going to speak last and he isn't a fan of speaking very long, and Elder Tollefsen spoke for about 7 minutes, so I filled in about 20-25 minutes...haha so at about 10 til I sat down and then found out that our High Councilor was speaking.  He had enough time I guess, but I probably should have left him more.  They don't make programs in the Branch so I never know what to expect.   The talks went well though and I pray that the Spirit taught the members and helped them grow in their desire and fire to support the work.  Time flies while you are at the pulpit.  I didn't think I could fill up that time, but boy it just keeps flowing once you’re up haha.  As long as they got something from it all.

So today for our Birthdays we are going Lazer Tagging at a members fun center up in Findlay and then going to grab a bite to eat.  Should be fun.  Rushing to get everything done before we leave though...so many things to do on prep days. 

Well I sure love each of you very much and pray you have a great, safe week.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment