Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Weekend The Most Memorable Of My Mission


Date: Tue, May 22, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

This last weekend was one of the most memorable weekends of my mission.  Alicia's baptism went great!   Everything was organized and flowed smoothly.  The talks were amazing.  And Elder Tollefsen and I, Gabriella Richards, and Sister Nord performed "Come, Thou Fount" there before the baptism and I had a wonderful opportunity to baptize Alicia.  She just glows and is so happy!  The spirit at this baptism was very powerful.  This area will continue to do well.  At Alicia's baptism she brought 7 family members with her, Sister Earl in the Branch brought two of her friends Joyce and Charlene, and then we had Mark Gruber and Dianne Kimmet who we are teaching attend as well.  So a great turn out of non-members that we are excited to follow up with and pray that we will be able to begin teaching. 

On Saturday we went to Kirtland and Alicia loved the day up there.  We saw the temple, toured the Kirtland sites, and then went to the Johnson Farm.  She enjoyed it and definitely had some powerful lasting experiences up there.  It was really cool because in our tour group at the Kirtland sites we were there, then there was a couple there who both served missions, Sister Esser and Poppleton (Sister Missionaries giving the tour), and then the Sauber's her aunt and uncle who are members.  Every time one of us bore testimony about something it was right towards Alicia.  She noticed and it had a cool impact on her and her experience there.  On Sunday Alicia was confirmed and there was a strong spirit in every meeting that day.  In Gospel Principle's she bore her testimony about what she has experienced and felt over the last 6 weeks.  Awesome weekend!

I have really come to love the people here, and am excited for several people I have been working with for 6 months.  Four investigators that haven't progressed much over the last 6 months have had some miraculous change of hearts these last 2 weeks.  They still have a way to go, but they are sincere and truly want to know and begin living these things.  I was called to be a Zone Leader last Saturday when I saw President up at Kirtland.  I found out last night I will be serving in Lima, which is the Zone Leaders for the Zone I am currently in.  So I will have the opportunity to still hear about and serve those that I have been serving for the last 6 months.  My new address is 2092 Edgewood Road, Lima, OH 45805.

Hahahahahaha I love the cardboard cut out of me.  I am so glad that I will be at Emily & Kelton’s wedding in some form! 

Well I sure love each of you very much.  I hope you have a great week.  Be safe and have fun.  Transfers are tomorrow so pray we will all travel safely.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment