Thursday, June 14, 2012

This Week A Good And Crazy Week


June 11, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

I am so glad to hear that Mom and the girls are going to the temple every Tuesday.  These experiences you will have together will affect their lives forever.  What a wonderful opportunity to all have to go there together.  And good job Jamie on your talk.  That takes a lot of courage.  Wish I could have been there to hear it.  Also I wish I could have heard Melissa's song. 

This week has been a pretty good and crazy week.  We drive a lot ha ha.  Our zone is huge but we only have 6 areas in it.  Smallest zone area wise but geographically it is the largest.  We also were assigned to move some furniture up to an area in the Toledo zone this last week so that was another 3 hour road trip on Saturday.  I have been learning many things with these new responsibilities and am enjoying this time that I have to serve the missionaries, members, and investigators in this zone. 

Our teaching pool in Lima is small right now, however the changes occurring here are incredible.  We are helping lay a solid foundation for this area to really grow over the next several years.  The Bishop here was called a couple months ago and has the vision of what needs to happen here.  He is leading by example and the members are beginning to follow.  We have enjoyed working with him and are looking forward to continuing serving with him here in Lima.  One of our most prominent investigators right now is a lady named Mariah.  She is a Pastor at a church she runs and has investigated for many years.  She has read the quad 4 times and preaches from all the books at her church!  She invites the missionaries to come and preach to her congregation as well.  We invited her to be baptized this last week and she said, "I've never been invited to do that.  I think I will."  Oh my...never invited?  Are you kidding me?  If missionaries haven't then they need to stop fearing the invitation!  However, maybe this time it just really hit her and she actually listened and accepted what we were inviting her to do.  Either way it has strengthened my testimony of our need to constantly invite our brothers and sisters to partake of this Gospel and feel of the blessings that our Father desires to give us.

Well I love you all very much and hope you have a great week!  

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment