Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What A Week As An Assistant


October 1, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

What a week!  First things first...Elder Crosland, a great Elder took my place in Lima and they had a great baptism of Michelle and Amanda!  They were doing well before I left and I am excited to see them continue to progress and do well.  I chose not to go out for the baptism for a couple reasons.  It was for the best.  First it takes 3 hours to get there, second I wanted the Lima Ward to get to know Elder Crosland and not be focused on seeing me again, and third I knew it was a well planned baptism and would go well no matter what.  But I was there in spirit!

As far as assistant responsibilities we have many training meetings, leadership meetings, recording and reporting, and a responsibility to lift and inspire.  It's a humbling experience that I am so grateful I am able to experience and grow in.  The Lord and His atoning sacrifice have strengthened me this last week as I have turned to Him.  It is going well here and I am looking forward to the next couple months!

My new address for mail will be the mission office: 2070 West 117th Street, Cleveland, OH 44111. 

So Elder Benjamin Ford Metcalf...great Elder that I have known since the days of the MTC.  He served with Elder Prince (also from our MTC team) as an assistant for the last 4 1/2 months.  We love this time we have to serve together!  Elder Metcalf is from Boise, Idaho.  He actually went to High School with Elder Ingersoll and they played basketball together in High School.  He enjoys missionary work, baptizing, confirming, tracting...before the mission he enjoyed running, reading, writing, history, a good cheeseburger, basketball, BYU sports, JIMMER FAN, loves a Greek gyro.  He went to BYU for a year before his mission.  He reminds me of a cross between of my cousin Austin Weaver and my friend Matt Roundy together.  If you meet him you will know what I mean.  I love being able to serve with so many wonderful people and getting to see the miracles occur across the mission.
  
I am sure excited for General conference this next week.  The opportunity that we have to be strengthened, to remember and reflect, to prepare, to seek for revelation and apply it to life and our callings and assignments, a chance to repent and come closer to our Father in Heaven.  All things that we can receive as we listen to the word of God from those who are called to represent Him.  How grateful I am to know that we have living Prophets and Apostles who have authority and power given them to lead and guide us.  I am grateful for their sacrifices and their worthiness to hold and magnify their callings.  Listen carefully to their messages, remember and apply what the spirit speaks to each of us and we will experience a greater joy and peace in our daily lives.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I look forward to your letters next week.  Love you all bunches!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment