Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Didn't Realize That Until He Told Me


September 25, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

This week sounds like it was a busy and great one.  I wish we could have seen the Brigham City Temple dedication from Utah.  It sounds like it was amazing. 

We had a wonderful mission conference with Elder Perkins of The Seventy here.  I had a great opportunity to be interviewed by him and really talk about how the mission is doing.  We talked about things that are going well in the mission and where we can improve.  He got to know me a little bit, and learned a little about my family.  We had a great little meeting before the conference, however he pointed out that I had been here about 16 months...crazy and 8 more to go.  I didn't realize that until he told me.  
September 20, 2012 Mission Conference with Elder Perkins of the Seventy
It's looking more and more like the transfer this month is going to be given to the older missionaries (the ones that have been on their missions the longest).  This will be the only large transfer left in the mission before next June now.  I have also found out that I am being transferred from Lima.  I have loved serving here so much.  I have grown and witnessed so many incredible things.  I look forward to working hard in my new area, and in my new responsibilities.  President Vellinga called yesterday and asked if I would serve as one of his Assistants.  My new companion will be an old face back from the MTC, Elder Metcalf.  I look forward to serving with him and President Vellinga up in Cleveland.  I will be living in North Olmstead.  I'll get the address out to you all next week.  It's going to be a very busy next couple of months and I already know that.  I can tell just by the way that the current and past Assistants looked before and after serving with them personably.  Thank heavens for the strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement.  I am going to need it every day even more so. 

We did have Daesha and Dennis's baptism two Saturdays ago and they are doing so well!!!  I saw them last night and we talked about the temple...and yes, they are excited to go someday.  Shanin Holland went to the temple for baptisms last Friday, and her mom Michelle and friend Amanda are being baptized this weekend.  Shanin and her mom are preparing to go to the temple on October 12th to do baptisms for their relatives. Michelle is stoked to be baptized for her mom who died 2 years ago.  It's just been incredible to watch the changes and softening of this lady.  One month ago there was not a thought in her, or our minds, that she would be baptized this weekend.  The spirit is incredible and his gospel is true.  It has been reflected in so many countenances of those I have served.  I love this opportunity to be here.

I hope you all have an amazing week.  Look for someone to serve, someone to lift, someone to smile at.  I love you all and pray for your well being always. 

Love,

Elder Weaver
September 24, 2012 Elder Weaver & Friend
September 24, 2012 Last District Meeting in Lima before Transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment