Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Labor Day


September 5, 2012

Dear Family & Friends,

Hope you are all still having a fantastic week!  Labor Day sounds like it was a blast. We had a pretty good one too.  We had zoned out, we met up at the Johnson Farm with our zone, Akron Zone, Kirtland Zone, the assistants, and President and his family.  We had a great day all together playing different games and getting to know one another across the mission more.  
September 3, 2012 Zone Out
The last 2 days have been road trips though.  On Monday we all got up to take the mission van out to the Johnson Farm which is 3 hours away.  We left Findlay by six so most of us had to get up at 4:30 am to get out there.  Then we all got back home about 10:30 pm that night.  Then the next morning Elder Romrell and I had mission council out in Cleveland and needed to go pick up the Zone Leaders in Toledo, Elders Ingersoll and Burch.  We once again got up at 4:30 to get out there by 9 am and then got back at 10:30 pm that night again.  Road trip!
September 4, 2012 Road Trip!
It's been fun to see so many familiar and new faces the last couple days though.  Elder Ingersoll my first "son" I will be seeing more of now that he is serving out this way so that’s been fun, and then I saw my "dad" Elder Helton, "son" Elder Tollefsen, "grandson" Elder Morse and my "great-grandson" Elder Huckstep all at zoned out on Monday.  A little family reunion I guess you could say. 
September 2, 2012 Kaelon Moore Baptism
Last week was such a wonderfully busy week.  The Ward had 3 baptisms; Kaelon Moore, Larry Long, and Michelle Cardone.  Each of them loved their baptism and are excited to continue learning and growing.  What continues to amaze me is the change in the lives and even the homes of the people we are teaching right now.  It is amazing how when people apply the atonement the change of spirit in them and their surrounding is so evident.  As the atonement takes effect in their lives they truly desire to come unto Christ more fully and find what our Heavenly Father would have them do in their lives.  I love it here!

I hope you each have an amazing week.  I love you all very much.

Love,

Elder Weaver

P.S. Transfers will be in a little over 3 weeks.  I have a chance of being transferred but really hope I am not because there are still lots to do here.  I hope I have the chance to serve at least 6 months here just like my other areas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment