Monday, February 18, 2013

The Elect Are Being Found


February 18, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Ok so first things first, I am going today to get the license renewal sheet notarized.  This is literally the first day I could.  Sorry!  
I will include Uncle Brian in my prayers as well.  Let me know how the surgery goes.  

David is the name of the investigator I was talking about last week.  He is moving into the ward boundaries of the other ward that meets in our building today though.  We will still get to see him and go on exchanges to teach him occasionally, but he and his family found a new apartment and are moving which makes this kind of tough.  Glad he is still doing so great, but I wish we could still be teaching him.  The first Sunday David wore a black shirt and jeans to church.  This past week however a dry cleaning company that had lost his suit 2 months ago called saying that they had found it.  So this week he came in his suit.  Oh the tender mercies of the Lord when we do what is right.  The 18-year-old young man who attended the Mission President's Fireside is now being taught, has a baptismal date for March 10, and loves the Gospel.  He would really like to go on a mission.  In church on Sunday the missionaries serving their said he introduced himself in Priesthood saying, "I am not a member of your church yet, but I have a baptismal date for March 10.  The Elders said I could probably move it up though."  The Elect are being found.  We love the work here because miracles occur every day.

We had 3 of the 5 Zone Conferences this past week and the Spirit has taught us.  It has been wonderful to see how so many new missionaries who are growing and becoming great instruments in the Lord's hand.  I love being able to go around the whole mission to see and hear how everyone is doing.  We are growing as a mission and it is neat to be able to witness this.

So the wave of missionaries draws closer.  We are still making preparations and trying to transport as much "stuff" before they arrive as possible.  There will be lots of driving time in the coming weeks.

Well I sure love you all.  I am doing great and love serving here in the Ohio Cleveland Mission.  Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment