Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How Glad I Am To Have You As My Family


February 25, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

How glad I am to have you all as my family.  You are wonderful examples of Gospel living and you strengthen me each week as I get to see that example through the experiences that you have that you share with me and your wonderful desires to follow Jesus Christ.  Thank you, I love you. 

So we have been in various meetings all day today and have permission to email at this time during our preparation day.  We are actually at the Mission Home right now on President's computer.  There is tons happening and in motion right now in preparations.  We have transfers mostly done now and are working on getting 13 new areas opened this week and prepping about another 11 or so for the next transfer as of now.  We will be moving the majority of the mission in some form on transfer day.  Between 29 new ones, 29 trainers, and then moving many of the trainers former companions to new areas, there will be many at transfers.  For the arrivals we have 2 large trailers, a 12 seat van, a Silverado, Acadia, Mini-Van, Subaru, and another truck rolling up to the airport to pick up all these new missionaries and there luggage.  I wish I could go in and pick this group up inside the airport so I could see the faces of all the people there as an army of missionaries comes walking through the airport.  It's quite an operation.  We moved transfers back a day so that President and Sister Vellinga could interview them all. 

Elder Skalla and I along with the office staff and a few others are going to be doing various training with them all day next Wednesday while they are being interviewed.  It will be a fun week.  We are getting there as far as preparations go and it should all go over rather smoothly.  We hope. :)  It is amazing to be able to hear how the work is going forward with an ever-increasing rate.  The response to a Prophets call has been miraculous.  It's like the Gospel is true or something.

(Omitted out this paragraph and have now put back in):  It's amazing how fast the last six months have gone.  Time just has sped up with this assignment of assisting the President.  I have loved it and have learned so much here.  President Vellinga asked if he could change my assignment for this next transfer.  I knew it would be happening this transfer and although I have loved it here I am ready to finish out my last 2 transfers out in the field more.  Right now it looks like I am between being a zone leader in Kirtland or training again.  I am personally really hoping that it works out for me to train one last time before I go.  Train a new one right, one that won't get trunky at the end.  Trunky missionaries waste everyone's time, especially the Lord's and should go home at that point in my opinion...but maybe that's a little harsh.  Oh well.  Elder Ingersoll got the call the other day to be the next Assistant.  Elder Skalla and I saw that coming from a mile away.  He is an awesome Elder and will be a great Assistant.  I look forward to his leadership.  None of this goes out to the mission until next Thursday...so postpone reposting this letter until then just in case. 


I sure love you all.  Keep being wonderful examples to all. 

Till next week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment