Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Here We Go Into The Quickest 4 Days Of My Mission


March 4, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Well here we go into the quickest 4 days of my mission!  We are running until Friday this week.  Tomorrow we pick the 29 missionaries up, welcome them, feed them, and put them to bed.  Then Wednesday they will be interviewed by the Vellinga's and trained by the office staff, Elder Skalla, and I.  Then Thursday we transport them to Kirtland for the tour of Kirtland and then to the transfer meeting.  From the transfer meeting I will be heading to Shaker Heights as a Zone Leader in the Kirtland Zone with Elder Berryessa.  I am pretty positive I will finish my mission in that area.  The area is on the East side of Cleveland.  I will get to go on exchanges in Solon, where the Kimball’s used to live occasionally.  I will see about going and visiting their non-member friends out there while I am on exchanges. 

David (investigator here in North Olmsted) just moved to Lakewood this past week so we are in the process of transitioning the next Elders to teach him.  He just text this morning saying that his favorite verse in the Book of Mormon so far is 2 Nephi 10:23.  Great verse!  He is progressing really well and we will be meeting him tonight.  This will be my last visit with him but I plan to stay in contact with the process.  

Thank you so much for your prayers and fasting.  We are fasting and praying for those who God has prepared and it is amazing to see the miracles that occur as we are united, missionary & member, in faith through fasting & prayer.  Immediately after a Ward fast for missionary work and opportunities to share the Gospel, a member called with a contact they had just met in returning a red box DVD and also a recent convert asked if he could bring a friend to our next lesson as the new member lessons are being shared.  I love this work.

I apologize this weeks letter is so short.  I have to go pack and get a few things done before tomorrow starts. 

Love ya lots,

Elder Weaver    

No comments:

Post a Comment