Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8-15-11 The Work Is Really Picking Up

Hey Family & Friends,

Things are going great!  The work is really picking up here and there's been a change apparently across the whole mission.  I love this work and love having the opportunity to serve here.  Our investigators are each ready for the Gospel.  They just have to stay strong.  They are having spiritual experiences, but the adversary is working just as hard on each of them.  Such as people in the hospital, financial issues, opposition from family, etc., and all things that are put in their way as stumbling blocks.  But I know that as we help them to continue to have these experiences and encourage them that they will have much stronger testimonies as they learn to endure their trials with the savior’s help and guidance.  

Tracting/Contacting I love to do.  We go down to a metro park called "The Gorge" and contact quite a bit.  It's a great park with a river and some other historical sites that almost always has lots of people visiting.  

My bike has only been ridden like twice so far so I hope it's still in good shape. :)  We have a car with a thousand miles a month and we have been staying under so we drive pretty much all month.  

Members feed us pretty regularly; sometimes we have a slim week.  The most important part of meals with members isn't the food though; it's helping them get their family mission plan together and making sure they are actively having missionary experiences.  But I am never hungry. :)  

The heat really isn't bad.  I haven't put any sunscreen on and I haven't even got burned...or tan...bummer.  It's just really humid.  I think it's hotter in Utah for sure; just a lot more humid here is all.  Clothes are holding up ok...a couple tears or buttons here and there that I get to patch up.  Shoes are the most important part and they seem to be doing all right still.  We do our laundry at a members home because our washer is out of commission.  We just store our detergent and stuff there and go over and get it all done through out the day on our preparation day.  

I love it out here and enjoying every second.  My understanding of the Gospel and how to live this life grow clearer and deeper each day.  I know it's true; I see examples of it each day as I see people and realize how much the gospel would help them in every aspect of their lives.  It's truly here to strengthen and help us in everything we experience in this life.  

Sounds like you are all doing well and having a blast this summer!  It is crazy how fast summer went, just keeps going faster and faster.  I love you and hope you have a fun safe time in Wyoming and on your trip back.  

Love you,
Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment