Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8-2-11 The Final Few Weeks of Summer

Family & Friends,

It's another Preparation Day here in Ohio!  I hope all of your summer have been going fantastic, and hope your final few weeks of summer go just as swell.  

We have another Bapismal date for the 27 of this month.  His name is Emilio Travino.  He is 14 years old and is in the young marines program.  He is great and has kept all of his commitments.  He is just so open to learning and accepting the Gospel that it's been really easy to share the Gospel with him.  His Father used to be LDS a long time ago and we have now met him as well.  We hope that as Emilio accepts the Gospel that his Dad too will desire to get back into it as well.  They both came to church on Sunday and liked it, and even brought a friend named Marce.  It's always great when someone brings a friend to church.  Always.:) 

Sister Kathy is now in a nursing home and out of the Hospital.  We haven't been able to see her this week so we keep praying for her and that she will get well.  We hope that we will be able to visit her this next week and hopefully share something uplifting with her as she goes through this trial.

Something that I'm kinda excited about is having the opportunity to sing a duet with a sister at a fireside in Kirtland later this month.  They are looking for an arrangement for a flute and piano accompaniment so I will let you know what the song is when I get it. 

This week has really been a growing week for me.  We kinda had a rough week with our goals and it's been a little challenging.  However,  this week has also been a wonderful week because of some things that the Spirit has really helped me understand.  My testimony of Faith, Charity, and Love have grown immensly as I, for one reason or another, have had the opportunity of focusing my thoughts and study on this week.  I just started thinking about these topics early on this last week and all of a sudden through prayer and study I started understanding and learning so much more about each of these topics.  I got a call on Saturday last week to give a workshop on these principles in District Meeting for the following Monday.  Interesting how that works.  I am so grateful for the Spirit and the role that it plays in each of our lives.  I know that when I am doing everything I can to have the spirit stronger and more often, that I see miracles happen.  Both with myself and with those around me.  It is our link to our Father and to our understanding of eternal truths.  As we each seek to have the spirit more often, and allow it to direct our lives, we each can experience such incredible growth and understanding of the Gospel at any stage of our lives.  Learn it, Live it, Share it!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment