Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Will Be Training Another New Elder Next Week!


Dear Family & Friends,

It is so great to hear from you.  I have had a great week, and am looking forward to continuing to serve here in Tiffin for the following 3 months.  I found out Monday that I will be training another new Elder next week and I went up to Cleveland for a wonderful Trainers Meeting.  I am so excited to train again.  There are 4 new Elders coming out next week and 10 Sisters.  Here is some new information about the new mission President coming out....

“We wanted to inform you of your new mission president and his family.  We will have more information coming.  President and Sister Michael L. Vellinga, from Clinton, Utah. President Vellinga works for the Church in the CES department.  They have eight children.  Six are married, one son, who is preparing to leave on his mission by July 1st, and one daughter, who will be 16 that will be coming with them.  Please begin praying for them.  I know you will love them.”

I love the Sorensens and am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had and will have until later this year to serve with them.  I also am excited to meet the Vellinga's and serve with them.  I will be praying for them and the new missionaries coming out next week.  

This week we have had several great opportunities to meet new people to begin teaching.  We contacted a girl named Kelsea who goes to a local University here.  Through her and her roommate Alison we have met 6 others who they invited to meet with us.  Some are more interested than others, but I see great things that can come from this opportunity.  We shared the restoration with all of them this last week with the Grine's (couple in the ward).  It went well and they had some great questions about the message.  Another exciting opportunity we had was to meet a part-member family on Sunday.  We felt inspired to go and visit a name on the Branch Directory on Sunday evening.  The name was back when this lady was single and she now has a husband and 5 children (2 sets of twins over 8, and a 6 year old.)  We invited them to Branch conference this coming Sunday and set a return appointment for this next Saturday.  Not just a coincidence.  I am excited to meet with them and get the Branch involved there.  There is so much potential for growth in this area.  I am excited to be able to continue serving here in Tiffin.  Many are learning and making changes here and things are about to really get rolling. 

I like the goal you now have as a Ward.  As you focus on the one collectively each one of you will make an effort to share and invite others to come unto Christ, which definitely will turn, into more than one being touched and affected by the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Keep me updated on how the work moves forth back home!

I love you all and hope you have another wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

1 comment:

  1. Pres. Vellinga was my seminary teacher at Clearfield High School in Utah his first year of teaching. You all are so blessed to have such a wonderful, spiritual man as your mission president!

    Mike Stuart, Tooele, UT

    ReplyDelete