Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank You So Much For Your Emails This Week!


Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for your emails this week.  They have touched me and I am so very grateful for each of you and your desires to do good and serve the Lord.  You each are great examples of love and service to me and I truly am who I am today because of your influences. 

Well let’s start with Sacrament Meeting - it was wonderful.  We had 4 investigators there of our own who are each progressing.  We had Brian Alford, Paul Collins, Junior Massacou, and Mark.  They all really enjoyed the services.  The talks were wonderful and the musical number according to the congregation was wonderful.  We are now working on another musical number for the Branch or Stake Conference in a couple weeks...I don’t' remember which President Nord said.  We also had several people there who were invited by others yesterday.  They each loved Sacrament Meeting and enjoyed the rest of the meetings as well.  We had a few ask for Book of Mormons and express desires to come back to church again.  We taught our Gospel Principle's lesson on missionary work explaining what we do as missionaries and as members of Christ church.  We are looking forward to following up with members and whom they brought this next week and beginning to teach some referrals!  It really amazed me how by a couple simple invites how much it affected church yesterday.  The chapel was full and there were more smiles and energy in people than I have ever seen here.  All of the messages were right on point and I could see the blessing being poured out as people fulfilled their purpose as Disciples of Christ yesterday.  Good things are happening; this area is going to start growing.  People are making changes and the Spirit is strengthening each of us.  I love this Gospel.

We are having a Zone Conference on Wednesday of this week!  I am looking forward to it!  We are about half way done with the Book of Mormon since the beginning of the year and I have loved it!  I am looking forward to continuing to serve here in the Tiffin area.  People are progressing towards the waters of Baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost.

Christina is doing better.  We were able to re-teach the Plan of Salvation to her and her mother this last week with Brother Smith.  As we re-taught it she was picking up more than ever this time through.  She began to feel more of the peace that came from this knowledge and is putting her trust in Christ through this.  We are planning on going through the Gospel of Jesus Christ discussion again this next week with her.  Her family is asking more and more questions about the Church and we are excited to answer their questions and begin teaching them.  Tim is still learning.  He had a great desire to follow Christ and get his life in order.  He was making changes and purifying his Spirit before he passed on.  He will continue to do so. 

I did get that second pair of shoes this week!  Thank you so much!  Also, the audio clip of Matt Roundy worked and it was great to hear him!  Haha it was sure Matt speaking.  Did he have his hair cut for it?

I love this Gospel.  I love the scriptures.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven and hope to show that love ever increasingly.  I love you each so very much.  I know this Gospel is truth.  It is the source of all peace and happiness.  As we live righteously we can feel of those things in any situation.  I pray you may each be safe and have a great week!

Love you all,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment