Monday, April 15, 2013

Busy Day Today And We Don't Have Much Time Left!


April 15, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Sorry I am only able to write this one brief email to you.  Busy day today and we don't have much time left!

We had a great week in this Ward this week.  We are teaching a couple of new investigators; Tinisha and her son Leeneal.  They are a referral from their mother who lives in the Ward.  They have investigated in the past and are now ready to be baptized.  We taught them the Restoration this past week and they easily accepted to prepare for baptism on May 18th.  Tinisha has 3 other children who are not currently baptismal age as well.  Then one of the other sets of Sister Missionaries in our Ward had a Baptism of a family they have been working with.  Kenia and Ernest (16) joined the church and will be a great strength to this Ward.  Ernest shared his testimony at the baptism and I can tell he is going to be a great missionary.  On Sunday they were confirmed and we had an invite a friend to church Sunday.  We are still figuring out if members brought more friends because we were helping a Unitarian church group who came to visit.  I think they had about 25 adults and children there.  Following Sacrament meeting we gave them a church tour and helped them become familiar with how the church runs and how our programs within the church work.  It was fun being able to do a tour with a big group!  This group has been visiting many different churches over the school year to learn about other faiths and ours was the last one they are studying for the school year.  

Thank you so much in advance for preparing and sending me a package :)...however, could I ask that you don't send treats and goodies?  I don't eat them very much because if I ate all the goodies that are sent here along with ones that members give us I would very likely get diabetes.  Something that I have very much enjoyed was the package of dried mangoes!  Love them! :)

Well I need to run.  I love you lots and hope you have a fantastic week.

Love,

Elder Weaver  

No comments:

Post a Comment