Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What A Great Conference Weekend!


April 8, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

I love conference time.  So many inspired messages from wonderful leaders who have the authority to give us direction from our loving Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love being able to listen and obtain direction for specific questions I have and to receive divine counsel as we feel and listen to the Spirit during these conferences.  What a marvelous time to reflect on and adjust our lives to bring them in closer harmony with the teachings of the Savior. Some great direction we received is how to be a lifelong missionary.  Missionary work doesn't need to be this secular activity that we do in life.  Instead, it is a part of life that we can do naturally day by day.  Inviting and helping others to come unto Christ often times is through our small and simple actions or words that we may often times overlook if we are not listening or willing to follow direction the Spirit is giving us.  When I think of all the blessings of the Gospel and see the effect that it has in all the lives of those who faithfully live it as opposed to the lives of those who do not or partially live it I am reminded of how good the Gospel of Jesus Christ is.  It truly is the way to peace and happiness in this life and immortality and eternal life in the world to come. How blessed we are to have this knowledge.  How blessed we are to be able to have the Holy Ghost to help us fulfill the divine command to share the Gospel.   

As far as we can tell we did not have any investigators view Conference. We invited many over the last couple of weeks so I pray that some of them will have viewed at least a session and felt the spirit as they did so.  We did have a few less-active individuals watch that we know of.  We have a few investigators we still need to get a hold of to see if they viewed the Conference however.  Thank you for your prayers on there behalf.  Our faith when it is united works miracles and helps to prepare the hearts and minds of God's children to receive the Savior's love and to repent to bring their lives in harmony with His Gospel.  

This week we had Mission Council on Tuesday and then held our Zone Training Meeting on Thursday in the Kirtland Visitors Center.  As a mission we have been finding more and more over the past month.  We pray that this trend will continue to grow and remain high as we continue to exercise faith and are united as a mission in achieving the goals that have been set. They are righteous goals and we are seeking diligently to achieve them for our Heavenly Father.  

So the bike, I could probably get about $250 out of it if I put it on Craigslist. Also, I very well may use it back home.  I'm still conflicted over whether to sell it or not.  Most bikes go pretty quick online though.  I will keep thinking about it this week.

Thanks for the great topic on faith for my talk in June.  There is a lot you can talk about with that one.  I will be thinking of something specific to speak about from that topic.  Is their any specific part of faith that the Ward could benefit from right now?  If there is let me know and I will base some thoughts around that as well.

I love you all lots!  Thanks you for your prayers, love, and encouragement you always give to me.  I appreciate your great examples so very much.  

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment