Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Good Morning


April 22, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you for your emails and updates.  It sounds like spring is finally springing out there and you are able to enjoy some delightful weather.  I love the springtime!  People are out more and seem more willing to talk with people.

I just got to this point in my letter and the guy next to me started talking to me.  He asked me where we were from and I started explaining we are missionaries from the church etc. and he says, "yeah, I can tell there is something different about you guys.  You carry a light with you and I noticed it when you walked into the room."  We just spent about 20 minutes talking and I learned that he travels quite a bit.  As we kept talking he talked about how his mom passed away about a year ago and he just finished a song about that experience that he went through and how God helped him.  He asked if he could keep in contact.  I gave him a mormon.org card with our names and number on it.  I am pretty much positive that if we are able to keep in contact with him we could help him to start meeting with the missionaries somewhere in his travels.  He just left for a conference call, but I was able to show him a little of mormon.org on my computer screen before he left.  He seems super solid.  He travels a lot with his job but I think he is ready to learn and accept the restored Gospel. If we can keep in contact with him it would be super easy to set him up with some online missionaries while he travels and then when he stays in a place for awhile get some Elders or Sisters to come visit him.  Very cool experience what just happened.  Can't really express it in words, but God definitely directed this to happen today because I was going to sit some place completely different when we first came in. 

Due to our conversation however my time on the computer is now pretty short.  I will talk more about our other investigators next week.

Love you all lots,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment