Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #21


April 29, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for your Birthday emails and wishes!  I am so blessed to have such an amazing family.  I know and feel all of your love, support, and encouragement.  Knowing this brings me so much strength and I am truly blessed to be a part of our family.  

Thank you for your wonderful idea of Temple clothes for my Birthday.  I love it!  As far as clothing sizes I am currently unsure...My neck is a little smaller now and my waist is probably at least a good inch and a half to 2 inches smaller.  I will try to measure this week to let you know.  As far as height goes I don't think I have shrunk. :)  However, I don't think my wish of being slightly taller has happened either.  Sometimes I just tell people I started my mission at 6 foot.  I will get those measurements this week. 

In regards to my bike...I am going to try and sell it on Craigslist.  I am going to a member’s today to put it up on their account.  I am going to see what others are going for and price it higher to include my bike lock and helmet with it.  I will keep you posted on its status.

As far as contact with Antoine I haven't heard from him.  I think he will wait to make contact until I get home.  Did you get on and accept his friend request on Facebook on my account?  It really was a neat experience meeting him last week.

This next week we are having Stake Conference broadcast from Salt Lake. I am super excited for another opportunity to hear from General Authorities between General Conferences.  Hopefully we can have investigators there to hear the words of Prophets today.

Tinisha and Leeneal (10 year old son) are doing well.  They have a possibility of making their May 18th baptismal date.  We have planned it out and it's a tight schedule.  We will have to keep them progressing if they are going to be ready by then.  If not the 18th, it will probably be the following week.  They have the desire and are willing to make AND keep their commitments and ready to receive the restored Gospel.  As we read with them this past week from the Book of Mormon, Tinisha recognized and made great connections to what we were reading.  She started "likening" the scriptures, an important step in real progression and in gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  They are energetic and excited about the Gospel.  It is also blessing her mother who is a member. They are strengthening each other and it is great to be able to watch.  

Julio is doing well.  He keeps his commitments and has read up to 1 Nephi 3 as of our last appointment.  He is awesome, but something has not clicked entirely with how a testimony of the Restoration will help him and his family comes closer to God.  We are going to re-visit some principles this next week and see what his needs are.  We really want to make sure he understands.  Once it clicks for him though I think he is going to progress really smoothly.  We are trying to get one of our member’s, who came with us in the past and speaks Portugues, to come again.  It's difficult however because Julio likes meeting at a specific time on a specific day.  And this member works then.  We will keep trying.

For 21 years I have been blessed to live in a home where the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been lived and taught.  Thank you.  I know that it is true.  I know that the ordinances and principles of salvation are performed and taught in their fullness only in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ live.  The scriptures are true.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and that one holding authority from God to do so translated it.  That person is Joseph Smith, and he is the Prophet of the Restoration.  That authority has been passed on since the time of Joseph Smith through an unbroken chain, stemming directly back to the Savior Himself.  Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet today and receives revelation from God for God's children today.  We are children of a loving Heavenly Father and I know He knows us each personally and has a plan for each and everyone of us.  His is a plan of salvation.  This is a marvelous work and we have the great opportunity, as we live worthy of it, to help our Father in Heaven in His work and glory.  I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all very much.  Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment