Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sounds Like Quite The Eventful Week/Weekend!


May 6, 2013

Dear Family & Friends

Sounds like quite the eventful week/weekend you have had.  I sure love getting your emails and hearing how you are all doing and what has been going on.  Congrats on making Seussical and Pimpernel sisters.  And Happy Birthday Sissy!  This weekend sounds like it has been loads of fun.

Time just keeps flying right on by.  I can hardly believe I have less than a month left here in the Ohio.  I will keep working hard till the end.  No worries at all.  I look forward to spending another week here in Ohio touring the sites with you mom and dad.  Glad you got my measurements in the mail.  I am so excited to go back to the Temple.

For my Birthday we had pie and ice cream at night, but for lunch we went to The Melt.  It's a Cleveland restaurant.  Super amazing grilled cheese sandwiches.  Awesome place!  We may have to go to it when you come out. 

Thanks for adding Antoine on Facebook!  Also, I am in the process of selling my bike.  I have an offer for $350, another guy is coming to take a look at it today, and I have 2 emails I need to respond to of others who are interested.  My asking price was $450, I'm going to wait it out until I can get at least $400.  We are pretty confident we can sell it at that price.

That's awesome for the Davis family to have 3 missionaries all out at the same time.  What a unique and wonderful opportunity.  They will be greatly blessed.  A senior couple in the mission from their ward actually said hello to me for them the other day.  Their name is the Riches. 

This week we found out somewhere Julio's understanding of our message is and where we may need to focus on in our future lessons.  He would be a solid convert to the church.  Just a few things need to click for him and he will be a great Kingdom builder.  Tinisha and Leeneal weren't able to meet this week, but they are doing the things to get prepared and be baptized.  They feel the spirit and are excited about the Gospel.  However, since we weren't able to meet this week it is going to put them back about another week until they will have received all the missionary lessons.  So they may be getting baptized on May 25th as opposed to the 18th.  We are still on the search for some more investigators.

Stake Conference was great.  We heard many awesome talks on strengthening home and family through the Priesthood.  Tithing being a principle of faith was talked about by every one of our Stake Leaders on Saturday.  President Uchtdorf talked about tithing on Sunday, and I read back through President Monson's talk today and saw him talk about it as well.  Faith and obedience is the key.  On Sunday we heard from Robert C. Gay of the Seventy, Mary Wixom General Primary President, Elder Robert D. Hales, and President Uchtdorf.  Wonderful messages of trusting and having faith in the Lord to be obedient and faithful, strengthening home and family, and doing these things to be prepared for the storms that lay ahead.  Great conference!

I look forward to talking with you all next week and especially to wish a happy Mother's Day to an amazing Mother!!  I love you all and will talk to you soon.

Love,

Elder Weaver 

No comments:

Post a Comment