Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Final


May 28, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

Well looks like this is it. It sure is amazing what can happen in 2 years.  I have had so many wonderful experiences here with having the opportunity to serve my Father in Heaven, my Savior Jesus Christ, and my brothers and sisters in the Cleveland, Ohio.  I am humbled by how good God is to us, even when so many of His children go on in rebelling against Him.  I know that it is only through our Savior and His atoning sacrifice that we each will be able to someday stand before God, and it is my prayer that it will be a day of rejoicing and peace for each of us.  

I want to thank each of you, all of you back home, for your love, support, encouragement, and faith filled prayers on my behalf and on behalf of the missionaries around the world.  We truly appreciate every sacrifice and petition to God to help us be instruments in His hands and bring about his purposes upon the Earth every single day.  We feel those prayers and it brings us power to continue to go about this great work.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I love you all dearly and pray that God will continually bless each of you and your families.

Some updates on Tinisha's baptism...It will now be Friday, May 31st at 7:30 PM.  She will be getting baptized along with another investigator that has been meeting with the sister missionaries in the ward.  We are excited for them and are so proud of the changes they have made and how they have faithfully prepared themselves to make and keep sacred covenants with God.

So, today I will pack.  It's our Preparation Day today.  Tomorrow we will be heading out to the transfer meeting.  Following we will go to the Kirtland sites, enter the Whitney Store, and go up to a little room upstairs called the School of the Prophets.  We will have an opportunity to close our missions through prayer in the same room where 2 years ago we started our missions by dedicating these two years to Them.  From there we will go to the Mission home, eat dinner, enjoy each others company, go through our departure packets, laugh, cry, and SLEEP!  I enjoyed watching these evenings as an assistant, it inspired me to want to work hard to the very end and not waste any time out here.  Then at 12 o' clock the next day Mom and Dad will be knocking at the mission home door and I will answer!  Then off for a great week!  I will be coming home after a week here in Ohio and New York the following Wednesday.  I am excited to see all of you!  

By the way Mama and Daddy-O, I had my final interview with President Vellinga on Saturday and I asked him about some of the rules we will have.  He said as long as I am with you we can go and do whatever we would like while out here.  So, we can do Niagara Falls, if we want to see a musical here in Cleveland, etc., we will be able to do that as long as I am with you.

I love you all lots and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment