Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It Was Good To Be Able To Hear From All Of you Yesterday!


May 13, 2013

Dear Family & Friends,

It was good to be able to hear from all of you yesterday on Mother’s Day. I sure enjoyed getting to catch up on all that is happening and being able to share with you personally on how things have been going here. I came away from our conversations inspired to continue working hard to the very end. I am glad for the "boost" our conversation had on me to serve with ALL of my heart, might, mind, and strength to the end.

Thanks for sending me that mothers day e-card. That is a great one! Hope you had a great finish to your Mother’s Day mama! I love you and am so thankful for all you have taught me, for your great faith that has influenced my life greatly, and the love that you have for each one of us no matter what. You truly magnify your calling as a Mother and I will ever be grateful to you for that.

In answer to your question about my companion he is doing just fine. He will be going home in August and this is probably his last area too. We're working hard and focusing on the right things. So no worries here.

I had another offer on my bike for $360 last night and am thinking I may accept that offer. We will see if I can get a little more out of it though. As far as clothes go I will be throwing out most of my white shirts, and yes they are still white...especially compared to some other Elders, my towels will be going out, and a pair of shoes or two will be thrown out. We'll see what else gets thrown out when that time arrives.

Tinisha and Leeneal are progressing really well. Last night Tinisha felt the Spirit strongly as we discussed the principles of Faith and Repentance. She has experience a lot with these two principles the last 2 months and has experienced the joy of growing in Faith and making changes to follow her Savior. She is sharing what she is learning with her friends and has many friends and family who are not members planning on attending her baptism. She is experiencing what Alma teaches in verse 24 of Alma 36. When you know the sweetness of the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ you have a desire to share it with others. The 2nd page of Preach My Gospel says, "As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the Gospel will increase."  This is a great sign of someone who is becoming truly converted.

I hope you all have a great week. I sure love you and look forward to seeing you all again when that time comes.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment