Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Days Fly By...All Of A Sudden It's 10:30 PM


Dear Family & Friends,

I am doing wonderfully!  Just keep a working here and building up this area.  Days fly by...all of a sudden it's 10:30 and time to go to bed.  I pretty well know the members and there is some work to do in this area.  The majority of the members are converts, what is great, but there are just some things that need to get ironed out.  This area is in a really good place to start changing and becoming a growing Branch into a Ward.  Personalities are very strong out here though, and the members are pretty funny.  Loving the people.  Great members just need some help getting things going.  Lots of great work to do here and I am really enjoying it. 

Christmas and Christmas Eve and New Years Day we have places to go and people that have invited us over.  This Branch is very loving of missionaries now thanks to Elder Metcalf and Elder Jarvis, now its just time to really put them to work. 

I am the senior companion here and Elder Perkins is the district leader.   He has been out for 21 months.  My new companion is Elder Jake Jarvis from Safford Arizona and he is 23.  He has been great to serve with, loves the Gospel, and has a great testimony of its truth.  I have enjoyed serving with him.  Our personalities go well together and we have some good laughs through out the day.  We are also focused and ready to work hard to build this area up.  We serve in Tiffin as well as several neighboring towns like Fostoria, Bettesville, Bloomeville, Attica, and several others. 

We are living in an apartment, but it’s more like a town home.  It has two floors and is quite a bit bigger than my last apartment.  And we have a car here, which I am very happy about.... thank heavens because some of our work is a 30 minute drive from us.  It's a lot less population than my last area, a lot, but about 4 times the size of my last entire district. 

We are two hours ahead and we get done with church at 8:00 AM your time.  So how about 9:00 AM your time and 11:00AM my time we Skype on Christmas day?  That is what I will plan on.

I look forward to the lesson we will have this week with Christmas so soon.  What a wonderful time of the year to reflect on our Savior, His life and teachings, and the gift He has provided for us in obedience to our loving Heavenly Father who has a beautiful plan laid out for each of us to find peace and happiness in both this life and the eternities.  I love the message I am able to bring to the people here and am so grateful for what it does for me, and especially those who I am serving. 

Well I love you all and hope you all have a great week this week, I am looking forward to seeing my family on Christmas day!

Love,

Elder Weaver 

No comments:

Post a Comment