Monday, December 5, 2011

Elder Ingersoll Parents Letter

Hi!

I have been meaning to write and let you know how thankful we are for your son, Elder Weaver.  He has been a wonderful trainer and companion for our son.  We so appreciate the great example he is.  This week our son shared the following experience:

One cool experience we had was when we parked the car to go visit one of our investigators and got out and Elder Weaver started walking up the steps to the wrong house. I just felt like waiting to let him figure out he was at the wrong one, but he got all the way to the door and started knocking. As soon as he did that I yelled at him and told him it was the wrong house. It was 8:30 at night, a time we are not usually knocking on doors in Akron because there are some nuts out here. Anyway the light came on and someone yelled asking who it was. Elder Weaver started apologizing saying that we were missionaries and had accidently knocked on the wrong house. The door immediately swung open and a 26 year-old guy came out. I started walking over because I was worried what was going to happen next, because he looked kind of crazy. But the first thing he said was "Missionaries?!, are you Normon missionaries?" We said yes we are MORMON missionaries, correcting him. He then told us how he used to meet with some in a town he had moved from and really liked them. He said he was looking for something to read that night and took the Book of Mormon and we got his information. We are meeting him on Wednesday. I don't know how that all happened and I am so glad I did not tell Elder Weaver before he knocked on the door. Whatever happens at least he knows we're Mormons and not Normons haha sorry but I hope some good will come of it because it was a really cool experience.

I know transfers are coming up next week and they will probably not be together.  We will always be grateful for Elder Weaver’s kindness, patience and example—and thank you to you!  We really enjoyed the musical number. You have such a talented son. It was fun to “peek” in on them for a moment. I miss hearing the violin at my house, but I miss my son more. It is so wonderful to read his letters each week and know of the great experiences he is having in OH.  I am thankful he is serving a mission and really wouldn’t want him anywhere else.

Thanks again,
Matt and Marianne Ingersoll

No comments:

Post a Comment