Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Have Been Sent To Tiffin Ohio

Dear Family & Friends,

Well I have been sent to Tiffin Ohio which is in the Findlay Zone.  Our new address is 178 Gibson Court, Tiffin Ohio 44883.  My new companion is Elder Jarvis.  He is great and we are getting along really well.  He is from Arizona and just got done getting trained by Elder Metcalf who came out with me from the MTC.  He doesn't play any instruments, but it's fine.  There are only so many who do music things. :)  Our area is one that is in need of growth.  Elder Metcalf and Jarvis have really done well at getting people in the teach pool including some great families, but this area is a very small branch.  Apparently about a year ago it was almost a Ward but then jobs caused many to move.  Many small towns out this way, but I am excited to work with Elder Jarvis in really getting this area moving and helping the Branch grow and get some different things together that will really make a difference in this area.  Past success has been sparse here but there are a couple reasons for that that hasn’t happened since Elder Metcalf was trained here.  So this area is ready to grow.

We can write letters to our last area...I need to do a few for some recent converts and soon to be recent converts here this next couple weeks.

Tell Jordan Boone congratulations from me!  That is wonderful!  So many people are getting married...it's nuts.  None of the other Elders here have too many friends that have got married or are getting married yet...so it's always weird for them when I tell them of all these people getting married. 

I am glad that the Ward Christmas part went so well, and that so many came out!  I know that those type activities really help Wards grow closer.  Especially when they turn out so wonderfully 

Winter socks I would love some more.  Also I am starting to realize my shoes are getting more worn and worn in the soles.  Water can get through the bottom of one of my shoes now from a spot that has worn down into a crack in the bottom.  So I may need to get another pair, and try to repair that crack.  Blankets we have extra here so I am ok.  But winter hasn't really hit yet...it's colder but still sunny outside...I haven't experienced the bitter winters that everyone talks about yet...well December isn't over yet. :)

We found some members that have Skype here so we will be able to Skype on Christmas.  I will let you know what time we will be doing that.  We are two hours ahead here so it will probably need to be about...3:30 or 4 I am guessing our time?  We will figure it out, as it gets closer.  

Well I am ready to work and do all I can to continue building this area up.  We are dedicated here and look forward to helping others come unto Christ and receive the restored gospel.  We are ready to work.

I love you all and have a great week.

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment