Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Will Find Out Tonight Where I Will Be Transferred!

Dear Family & Friends,

All right so I know I will be transferred but I find out tonight where I will be transferred.  I am excited but also would have loved to stay another transfer.  I was told yesterday for sure that Elder Ingersoll is training here!  We have one of the fastest growing posterities in the mission right now!  Elder Helton, Me, Elder Ingersoll, and my Grandson who I will meet tomorrow.  However, I am excited to go and build up another area and meet new people with whom I can work with.

We have 2 for sure baptisms by the New Year, each of whom I have loved teaching.  Anthony and Camille Garr are set for the 18th of this month, and Tina Ford and Shayla Everson for the 1st of January.  I pray for each of them as they continue to work in learning and applying the Gospel.  This area is growing so much and it has been wonderful serving here. 

This last week wasn't our Mission Conference.  I don’t' know exactly which day is Zone conference because it wasn’t announced yet and I don't know if Elder Ingersoll will even be close enough for us to do a musical number together.  I will find more things out this next week in my new area. 

HOORAY FOR MATT ROUNDY!!  I am so glad to hear he is on his way to California...it's so fitting for him. 

Yep, we write the Mission President each week via an online system where we report our weekly numbers and write him about the week.  We do that on our Preparation Days.  

I loved the First Presidency Christmas Devotional messages this year.  I always love to hear their messages and share and discuss them with all we teach.  This season can be great or hard depending on the outlook of missionaries.  I look forward to what his wonderful season has to offer towards moving this work forward. 

(Elder Weaver…What would you like for Christmas?)  Um...what I really would like for Christmas is some referrals from the Ward I will be serving in.  Hmm...I don't know.  Music is always wonderful, and conference / General authority talks on CD.  And I need a new Conference and Book of Mormon Ensign...both of mine got stolen at a rehabilitation center.  So hopefully someone is reading them.:)  But I still need them too ha. 

Faith is such a huge part of the Gospel and the Church.  It is one of the most important elements of the Gospel.  If people will have the faith to try it they will see that it works.  Fear or Satan just seems to always get in the way of people to try it sometimes.  But as we continually exercise faith we will begin to grow to have knowledge of the Gospel and never question.  Faith is a huge part in Bishop Hulbert's thought from tithing settlement as well.  I think people when first learning about the church have a concept of leaders as being power hungry, or money hungry.  So many people think we have to pray and go through the prophet to get to God.  It's interesting to talk with people and explain the role of prophets and leaders to people and who they think they are.  If more people would just read and understand the Bible...like they profess they do...:) much of this confusion and dilemma would not exist.  But it's true.  Our leaders receive revelation directly from God for our benefit, and we can pray and receive confirmation about any decision leaders present to us.  Living by the Spirit is what we must do and then we will all be in agreement one with another always.  It will one day be possible.

Well I hope you have a wonderful day!  And I will get my new address out to you all next Monday on Preparation day.  I love you and pray for each of you every day. 

Can't wait to Skype with my family on Christmas!

Love,

Elder Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment